Soltech acquires the remaining 40 percent of the subsidiaries Swede Energy and MeraSol
On January 8, Soltech Energy Sweden AB (publ) acquired 40 percent of the shares in Swede Energy Power Solutions AB and 40 percent of the shares in MeraSol AB. Soltech now owns 100 percent of both companies and continues to strengthen its offering in the corporate and real estate market in solar energy.
Soltech acquired 60 percent of Swede Energy in March 2019 and 60 percent of MeraSol in January 2020 and the companies have collaborated in a number of areas during 2020. To create the best conditions to become an even larger player in the solar energy market, Soltech now acquires the remaining 40 percent and sets an expansive five-year plan for the companies with the goal of creating strong growth. An agreement was signed on January 8 with access on the same day. The acquisitions are financed entirely from own cash and with newly issued shares in Soltech.
CEO Stefan Ölander comments:
– Swede Energy and MeraSol are two prominent solar energy companies that have developed very well within the Soltech Group. We are now creating the conditions to accelerate this development and I look forward to doing so together with the skilled leaders and employees in both companies.
Swede Energy’s CEO Christoffer Caesar and MeraSol’s CEO Johan Seeman in a joint comment:
– We are passionate about building successful companies in solar energy together with our fantastic employees and we have already created great synergy effects through collaboration within the Soltech Group. This step gives us even better conditions and we look forward to taking a larger share of the expansive solar energy market together.